Given that I love social media and teaching, I’m excited to launch a new course at St. Catherine University spring semester: Interactive Marketing: Social Networks, Multimedia, and SEO.
This class is open to both traditional Day as well as Weekend college students. It meets on Tuesday nights from 6-9:30 pm. I guarantee no one will be bored.
Interactive Marketing: Social Networks, Multimedia, and SEO examines Internet marketing activities used by all industries in for-profit and non-profit models to advertise their brand, interact with customers, and ultimately convert searchers into buyers. This course focuses on four fundamental areas of interactive marketing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), multimedia technologies such as graphic design, audio and video production; social networks, and mobile computing.
This course is built on experiential education where by students work on real world projects for actual clients. Using a combination of current digital marketing theory, guest speakers from various interactive marketing specialty areas, and practical exercises; students will:
- Compete in the Google Online Marketing Challenge (GOMC) with a small, local organization
- Become Google Adword Certified
- Conceive and produce a 5-8 minute podcast
- Develop a video in conjunction with Shout Out St. Kate’s Day (March 7, 2013)
- Master GarageBand and iMovie
- Get a taste of graphic design with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Learn and apply the latest in social media theory and mobile applications
1. Understand the fundamental concepts of written, spoken, and visual social media technologies
2. Produce social media in a multitude of formats
3. Identify and articulate the business value of social media
4. Assess social and mobile trends for organizational applicability
5. Analyze and recommend appropriate media for a variety marketing situations
6. Optimize and understand internet search methodologies
7. Identify fair use of copyrighted materials and intellectual property rules
NOTE: This is a small, technology intensive class. There are only a few spots left. If you are interested, please register today. And please do contact me with questions.
Leave a Reply