Thursday is Shout Out St. Kate’s Day. My students wrote, produced, starred in and generally lived and breathed the topic since early February. They’ve had one month to learn the public relations value of this event and contribute their own creativity to the effort.
What did they learn?
- Using events to create publicity (A Tweet Up at the Mall of America)
- Encouraging and involving stakeholders (How would students envision and publicize the video contest?)
- Communicating goals and important dates (When were the videos due?)
- Being flexible to the external environment (Vine is only 5 weeks, old, after all!)
My Students’ Work
- “My Dreams Started Here” #ShoutoutStKatesDay @stkate#M2350 I’m so proud to be part of this community 6xTg3UQbBb
- Is it true that “Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History”? #ShoutOutStKatesDay @stkate vine.co/v/b6wgDpV6UPU #M2350
- My students like the @stkate website vine.co/v/bXA7OE5lHp3 enough to #Vine it #M2350 #ShoutOutStKatesDay
YouTube: (more to come)
Shout Out to the Katie Nation
A Day in the Life of a “Katie”
Shout Out Saint Kate’s Day 2013
The Commuter Experience